View Single Post
Old 2012-05-03, 04:12   Link #701
azziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabado View Post
i think:
In this series the MC is already very strong and everything is about "wow! he is so strong and smart, and he can do many things we cannot!", we feel like that something is lacking: training arcs, 50% of the of a normal plot, and a big bad boss who wanna destroy the world and can make the MC bite the ground, without these elements plus the fact that we still don't know if MC has a goal makes everything unpredictable
it's precisely the fact this serie don't follow the usual patern that make it special to me;i'm fed up with the ordinary mc you yourself described.
for the same reason,the heroe of mao no yuusha,being by far the world stongest right from the start is one of my favorite mc,even above tatsuya(because he din't pretend even in his inner dialogue to be a wuss just to surprise us later):this author proved us that the feeling of a lonely heroe viewed as too strong even by the human he try to protect are more than enough to make us empathize with him,instead of reusing the archetype of the average high school student in look,grade and sport sudently gaining a mysterious power who'll attract the interest of a virgin bishoujo who transfer in his class and...
you know the rest,we've seen it countless time so you should appreciate the rare author who dare avoid such cliche,unlike most of the other who are just too lazy to even add a little bit of originality to their plot or chara to show respect to their reader-and to themself.

sorry for disgressing,i'll stop here.