View Single Post
Old 2010-05-07, 07:40   Link #1518
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo0 View Post
Well, I'm currently in discussion with my middleman in Japan about which set of the 2006 Haruhi DVDs to get. At the moment, there are a choice of 3:
1. I can opt for used DVDs (In good condition, though I've sent them an email querying what exactly good condition means. I like to know what I'm getting)
2. Brand new DVDs. I'd thought they would be much more expensive, but the difference is relatively small. According to me anyway. :P
3. Here's the kicker - I can purchase the used DVDs for 500 yen more than the new DVDs, BUT I get extra postcards, a telephone card and a binder.

25,000 yen for the used, 32,000 yen for the new, and 32,500 yen for the used DVDs with the extras.

Your opinion?

EDIT: I suppose I could get the new DVDs with extras, but then that'd be 39,500 yen, which is... ouch.
I chose the third option. The binder and telephone card have some artwork from Ito-sensei that looks lovely. I'd say that it's a personal decision if you like the artwork on the postcards and binder whether to get that or not. If you can, see if there's a bunch of special sticker sets with the used ones. There's no guarantee that there's some in the new sets.

What about a fourth option? There's an auction I've seen for 78,000 yen that has all 16 DVDs, plus the Gekisou event DVD and both corresponding boxes to hold all 17 sets.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT