View Single Post
Old 2008-01-01, 07:25   Link #18
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Those two songs are beautiful... in fact, the whole series, including the outstanding soundtrack, was pure beauty. Other great fast-paced songs (though I can't exactly remember whether they were used in battle or not) were Girl With Power and Asura Jittaika.
Yes, yes! In fact, until now this soundtrack is my most favourite Yoko Kanno soundtrack. It works well as an album IMO, and I really do like and remember most songs. (I was over the moon when I got hold of the unreleased tracks ) I'm pretty sure Asura Jittaika was used as a battle theme - it really sounds like one, too. Love the grand-sounding drums and the use of the vocals! And now you've reminded me that I like Time to die as well, it's got my favourite kind of suspenseful buildup, although perhaps it isn't as listenable as the two quoted songs. In that soundtrack, the calm songs were excellent as well... not the place to discuss them, though.

And while on the topic of Yoko Kanno, maybe I'll throw in Dragon Reika from the Aquarion OST - I guess it's not my favourite, but I did think it was effective and one track I used to play again and again from that OST. Although, it wasn't actually by Yoko Kanno but Hisaaki Hogari (who is good too).