View Single Post
Old 2010-11-14, 00:55   Link #190
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Welcome to the dark side Archon Doesn't this episode have a kind of Clannad vibe to it? The grandfather had a similar quirky personality as Akio and it doesn't help that Kyousuke is voiced by Yuuichi Nakamura
But sadly, this one episode had more innuendo then all of Clannad had with Tomoya and Nagisa. >.> I'm just kidding, kinda... ranted enough about that.

Quote:
Kirino was just hilarious this episode with her door-kicking and tsun tsun reactions to Kyousuke not being home for the day. Although this episode added some points towards Manami, I don't see her and Kyousuke getting romantically involved.
Personally, I just think she found someone (her brother) that shares her hobby, and he's just off doing something else. I mean I sometimes get frustrated like her when other people dare to have lives when we typically play something though obviously nearly as pouty

Quote:
We've already been fed this "normal" lifestyle that Kyousuke supposedly desires and Kirino apparently offers the exact opposite of that. I can see where the writers are going with the symbolism here although it remains to be seen. I can only call it speculation from my part so I will wait to see how everything develops. We'll soon find out that "normal" and "safe" is not what Kyousuke actually desires as Kirino's antics gradually begin to effect and change Kyousuke. His development stems from Kirino's in my opinion so it will be interesting to see whether there is some sort of romance development between them, although admittedly I don't see them going that far in this first season.
I don't feel that way-- I think you are right about the "normal lifestyle" and Kiirino offers the opposite. However, the show has be insistent that the two just can't be separated like that, nor can you pick one over the other. You have to separate fantasy and reality without denying one or ther other. There's gotta be the balance and we should remember what Kiirino said at the start-- keep 2d and 3d separate. Having an actual Kiirino x Kyousuke relationship would go against the theme of the show to me.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews