View Single Post
Old 2008-07-21, 07:08   Link #227
ras80

Quote:
Originally Posted by pichus View Post
I had an idea about using AJAX earlier, but I don't feel like coding it, because it will be a bit more complicated to code based on my requirements... You seem to get a bit upset because of the comment-- Look here, if you compare top shots and bottom shots... It will be a lengthy horizontal scroll... Hence the word, "ludicrous" :L

As everyone knows, you can easily use JavaScript to rescale and crop images. On top of that, because of its dynamics, you can display them on the fly without having to click more buttons than needed. Ideally, clicking three times and dragging part of the image can be accomplished before comparing between three screenshots at a time... Best interface = less clicks and scrolling. To drag to another part of the image, you can easily accomplish by dragging in the small thumbnail. They are all supported under AJAX.

Then obviously, you need to fix up your uploading/entry system... Maybe it's best to have the users select what stuff to upload, or have a competent moderator for the site. I would have done something a bit more evil... Parse through AniDB site automatically hehe... These are just suggestions... Don't get upset.
Well, its great to have feedback and I can assure you no bad feelings. :') I think we can work more on the interface but I think its still good to have something, more than mere table design (2-3 mb pages). Who told you we are not using anidb data ? :'), check http://fansub.animanga.gen.tr/addscreenshot Anime Name: and Group Name: Fields. Enter a few characters and the rest is automatically populated by anidb. My only regret is that we could not get the file database from them (i don't like parsing but maybe you can share your script with us, eheh), with that more things would be easier and error proof :\

Last edited by ras80; 2008-07-21 at 07:26.
ras80 is offline   Reply With Quote