View Single Post
Old 2008-10-18, 22:29   Link #27
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Well potentially, she is now on the run if she gets rescued with Allelujah. I wonder what they intend to do with her character this season.
Assuming she was still the head of state of her country, even though just a figurehead, Marina could be the public-figure representing all the nations who are being blackmailed by the Federation.

It's easier to feel sympathy to a group when a face is attached to it. And I know it's rude to say it, but Marina is a master at making people feel sorry for her. It would be a Herculean task for the Federation to try and demonize someone so harmless and weak as "evil terrorists".
(Example of demonisation: It's time we know the REAL Marina Ishmail! She Pally around with Gundam Miesters 4 years ago! She is an Arab! Marina is "not like us"! ETC.)

There is two fronts to this new conflict; you have the ground battles, but there is also the PR front. The people in the Federation need to wake up and realize their own government has gone crazy, and that would need more than just Gundams to accomplish.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2008-10-18 at 23:24.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote