Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-15, 05:55   Link #1239
custardpie

On a completely unrelated note, seeing all these "national people" in action reminds me of how powerful Koromo actually is. Since she was the final boss of the prefecturals, I assumed that she would be weaker than the national-level monsters. In shounen mangas, for instance, the guy who seemed really powerful at the beginning pale in comparison to the ones that appear later on, and even those pale in comparison to another powerful character, and so on. But although it seems that Koromo is weaker than Teru, she still seems much more powerful than a lot of the national level people, considering that Ryuumonbuchi didn't even make it to the finals.

Since Koromo wasn't even able to show half her strength last year because of the Touka-Rinkai thing and it not being the full moon and everything, I'm looking forward to her later matches. If I remember correctly, when the katsu-eating pro (forgot her name) talked to Hisa about the training camps, Hisa thought she might be looking for those loved by the mahjong tiles for pro games and international matches. Now that Koromo has started to "enjoy" mahjong and learned to play it instead of being played by it, she might become even stronger. But since she won't be in the individual matches, we would have to wait long before we can see her truly play.

I'm looking forward to the day when Ritz draws the international mahjong Olympics or something and the Japan team consists of the Miyanaga sisters, Koromo, Jindai/Awai/Cold Touka/etc and other monsters we have yet to see.

The only problem is that I would probably have to wait more than ten years to see this.
custardpie is offline   Reply With Quote