Thread: Licensed Scryed (S-cry-ed)
View Single Post
Old 2007-10-16, 20:42   Link #81
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Heh now that's the best defined argument I have heard on this subject in a long time instead of just 'It's Awesome' or 'You suck because you haven't watched it'.

Now of course thanks you I will have to watch all 24 episodes of this again just to get a real feel for how this show sucked at the end but I can remember a few valid points.

First off, I loved episodes 1-22. I was rooting for the dumass Kazuma and some of the lamest things he did to make sure the people he knew were protected.

Relationships
Kazuma throughout the show was demonstrating that he cared about Kanami more than anything else in the world. He was always watching out for her. If i remember right, he was very concerened when she got sick one time. Also Kazuma finally developed a more romantic relationship with the 'water' girl (whom I can't remember her name) but when she was finally controlled by the mainland to kill him, she committed suicide to prevent hurting her man. The Kazuma at the end of the show didn't even think twice about leaving Kanami and went to fight a fight that had no profit. If you remember, he only left Kanami if the price was right.

Kazuma also showed that he cared about the people greatly, for the right price. Well MAYBE fighting the mainland was an extension of that, but that is a real stretch to fit 'People's Protector' with this guy who only lives to fight. In that sense his progress was negative.

Ryouho, now I can't figure him out thanks to those last 2 episodes. He completely did a 180 in progress and is no more than an animal now. He was calm cool collected. He used his brain to the fullest. Now he just growls and fights.

Minori - Well I can't see she and Ryouho should've gotten together. From the beginning he showed little or no attraction to her. But if that is so, why even BOTHER showing the beginning scene where she and he have a little connection. The last 2 episodes basically tell you 'Oh whoops, we never meant for them to be together, so just forget about episode 1'.

The purpose of the mainland? To duplicate Alter power of course. They found Alters and changed them to duplicate the power of another. The girl Kazuma liked showed that. (Well she was amplified instead of duplicated). But that overwhelming mass in the last episode was just 'Oh lets throw the kitchen sink' plot. It was LAME. Sorry but it was.

Well the whole plot of Scryed was sorta lame, I mean they introduced at least 3 plots that just petered out. That Black /White guy was so cool and he just turned into an alter of the evil dude. So why did he help Kazuma grow the first time? Please. But I was willing to overlook the dumber parts because I was having so much fun.

Then the last 2 episodes looked like someone wrote a script in about 30 seconds and hammered the anime staff to make it work. Art went down. Plot went away. Relationships were thrown to the dirt. Technology levels because outrageous. Personalities suffered a shift.

That's why I thought it sucked.

In a way compare this to Infinite Ryvius. That actually followed a plot and everyone sorta had a real ending. Episode 22 was a real ending. Epsiode 24 was a lame ending.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.

Last edited by Forbin; 2007-10-16 at 21:01.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote