View Single Post
Old 2006-03-01, 02:48   Link #19
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
I still think that when people start asking for a specified sub-forum it should be created. This is a forum. Its for amusement and information. I dont see which of those criteria a forum for Live Action would not fulfill.
We fulfill those needs without having a specific forum for Live Action. There are already amusing and informative threads on the subject. That abrogates the need as I see it. What you don't understand is the problems associated with creating a Live Action Forum at AnimeSuki.

If we build it, they will come.

Those are words of dread and horror. If we create a Live Action Forum, I have no doubt that people will post in it. A lot. For the love of god, please just go to HongFire or D-Addicts if you want to discuss Live Action. They thrive on that stuff over there. If we create a forum for it here, some of their member base will migrate here. That isn't fair to either them, or us. We are primarily about anime here and it is good to keep that focus. I fail to see what good can come from losing that focus.

Then there are the secondary penalties associated creating such a forum. Specifically, we find it irritating when people want us to list live action on our main site which has nothing to do with anime. I suspect that if we create a forum for us, that crowd will become more strident and annoying. After all, if we have a forum for it, why won't we list it?

Altogether I find more negatives than positives associated with creating such a forum. Either discuss it in one of the already existing threads or go to a different forum where discussion of the subject is their focus.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote