View Single Post
Old 2006-10-26, 22:55   Link #278
wingnut2292
Go Get'em Tigers!

Send a message via AIM to wingnut2292
Not having seen Ep. 4 yet, I'm not completely worried that there would be a relationship between Hiro and Karada. Simply because the falling in love is something adult to do, and since there's no other same body-age male character to fall in love with, Hiro looks to be the likely candidate. Assate no Houko is a role-reversal anime, I suspect that 2/3 of the through, Shouko and Karada will have mostly traded rolls. I do suspect that Shouko and Karada will turn back, I really cant give any proof outside of a hunch right now.

I think the key to the climax of Asatte no Houkou lies in the very beginning:

There are things you won't reach with even with your outstretched hands... There are things that fade into the distance once you let go. People are always seeking those, and before they know it, become lost.
--Asatte no Houkou Lunar Fansub; time +1:12 to time +1:28

I view any potential Karada/Hiro relationship thourgh that first line - There are things you wont reach with even with your outstretched hands... I think Karada dosne't want to be a burden on Hiro, and to do that she want's to be an adult and do adult things. The catch is, Karada's not ready for the adult world. She may look like and adult, sound mostly like an adult, but she dosne't have the education nor experience of the bounus years her body gained. Karada's still just a child in a really good adult costume.

Well 2 minutes left for the raw of Asatte no Houkou 04 according to uTorrent. <sigh> there are times I wish I understood Japanese. Actually watching the raws, I realize I do understand some. About 5% of what's said. Well , time to get snacks before the download finishes. Ja, mina!

Last edited by wingnut2292; 2006-10-26 at 23:39. Reason: Gramatical error fixed
wingnut2292 is offline   Reply With Quote