View Single Post
Old 2010-05-26, 01:16   Link #10673
Kylon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronove View Post
Is Ryukushi playing on katana/kanji thatwords on us? It seems that the writing and letterings are EXTREMELY important.

P.S. - Did Beatrice give an actual definitoin of a 'Corpse', 'Dead,' 'Perfectly-alive', etc?
Further to what Judoh was saying, in Japanese they use 死体 for corpse in the game which is a bit more direct at indicating that the body is dead. I know in English you could reason that corpse comes from corpus which just means 'body...'

The only funny name games we have is that bit about Sayo being 34 and Yoshiya being 16 and matching up with the rank of Furfur and Zepar, respectively. That and Lambdadelta being 34, along with Miyo Takano from Higurashi. It doesn't really seem to lead to any conclusive evidence...

The more obscure name games theories,
- Kumasawa Chiyo - though Chiyo is written in katakana it could also be 千代 one thousand generations... or one thousand years?
- George - Jouji sounds like shou shi which is a more obscure form of writing 34
- Amakusa Juuza - (天草 十三) Juuza is 13. No idea what that could mean. But Amakusa Shiro, of the same Amakusa kanji, was a Christian (Jesuit) leader of the Shimabara rebellion. After the leaders were executed their heads were buried on Amakusa island. (And I only know this from playing too much Samurai Showdown.)
- Hachijou Tooya is written 八城 十八 Eight Castle 18 is what the name literally translates to. I think some of us suspect that too is an alias. I suspect she fancies herself the 18th person on Rokkenjima or something...

And name games that definitely lead no where:
- Kumasawa Sabakichi - She loved mackerel so much she named her son 'saba' too! Maybe the 'Mackerel' did it after all. 8)
- Battler - his name 戦人 should be Senjin ... is a deer god from Nara, I think. He looks really funny too with antlers coming out of his bald head. You can't google for him anymore, Umineko has overridden him in the searches. That's a good thing too.
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote