View Single Post
Old 2010-09-04, 07:25   Link #210
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
I want to agree with everyone that Kabuto's zombie squad might result in nothing more than fodder, and there might be a sense of predictability since we've already seen them before...I was originally torn between the cliched thoughts of either pulling a new enemy out of the ass or just rehashing old enemies, and thought that rehashing old enemies would probably be the least painful of the two situations...

And then I realized that both cliched thoughts are still in play...Yes, you have Deidara, Sasori, Kakuzu, Itachi, and Nagato all in resurrected forms and all back from the dead...But you have an X-factor, an unseen 6th body that obviously disturbed the usually undisturbed Madara, so it's definitely someone of dire significance...It's anybody's guess who it could be, but if this 6th body is going to be utilized with the 5 confirmed zombies, then we may just be looking at a very powerful player that we haven't seen in action yet, if it's someone we haven't seen in action before and even if it's someone we haven't even seen before...Let's not forget about that...
Personally I think Kabutomaru and his Z-squad has been one of the most interesting developments in part II. I prefer him as a villain to Madara right now (though madara isn't bad), so his chapter was one of my favourites. One of the things Kishi has always been good with is the way he recycles his characters.

Adding a bunch of new enemies at this stage would be a sign that he hasn't actually planned this war out. In keeping past occurences relevant it's given me a lot of faith in what could happen next. For example Kabuto hasn't exactly come out of nowhere, he made a brief appearance and has been lurking behind the scenes the entire time preparing his Edo Tensei with every new fallen Akatsuki member, has a mysterious coffin up his sleeve, and has already started acting suspiciously with his supposed ally.

He's even more cunning than Orochimaru.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote