View Single Post
Old 2009-04-01, 20:27   Link #92
cynicalicious
I like pie.

I wonder how they're going to handle the new season-- as if season 1 never happened, or what? Where are they going to pick things up from? Yikes.

Season 1 was amusing, in a "Just treat this as one big omake" sort of way. The animation was great, so was the art. The stories were mostly forgettable, though. (Reminds me of the many iterations of Negima as an anime... which were slightly amusing, but mostly forgettable.) They got my hopes up at first, thinking, "Oh, are they going to follow the manga?" then dashed them. Jerks.

I'm not so thrilled with the new studio's work, if the OVA is any indication of what they're going to do with season 2, animation-wise, but if they're going to actually animate the storylines from the manga, I'd be more interested in watching that and just bearing with sloppier animation and art. Then again, JC Staff isn't one of my favorite studios, either. They're usually decent, but they have lapses.

Ugh. Can I have a combo platter? Season 1's animation with the manga's actual plot? And KOTOKO singing the open? (Yes, I liked those. Cheesy as hell, but they fit.)
cynicalicious is offline   Reply With Quote