View Single Post
Old 2011-03-02, 21:35   Link #11
cyberbeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
It's not convenient to visit numerous DDL sites to get everything you want, or spend finding another site when one gets reported and shuts down. Also, they are not as fast, they tend to have many ads and constant nagging for donations, basically they are a pain.
I'll present the counter-argument based on my personal experience over the past few years.

You don't need to visit numerous DDL sources (though many sources are available), the smart ones don't shut down, they can max out my 25Mbit connection, you can use an ad blocker (but good DDL sites don't even use ads), and they are faster and more convenient than torrents. Though I will agree that cyth's view probably matches what the majority of torrent downloads think about DDL sources. That naivety ends up being a good thing, since it just means more bandwidth for the minority who know how to find and efficiently use good DDL sources. People who torrent are happy, people who DDL are happy, and it all balances out.

Back on topic. If illegal streaming is an elephant, direct download is a mouse by comparison.