Thread: Licensed Tari Tari
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-30, 14:02   Link #740
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Yeah no kidding but i honestly don't think the worse episodes of HSI were actually bad so I can't say the consistency impresses me nearly as much.
The tone and mood in HSI was all over the place within just the first five episodes. Its not the episodes in and of themselves were bad, it was that they were almost disconnected in feel. (And there we definitely some awkwardly forced in comedy skits that stuck out (Ep. 3 and 7 were pretty egregious), rather than comedy that flows naturally from the characters. Also, melodrama. )

Tari Tari has been largely consistent on the mood that the show is presenting. (I think this is on a large part because of how the music is handled, when you're working with an underlying musical theme, you tend to pay careful attention to the mood so as to best match the pieces played. In this way, its hard to lose track of the mood (for audience and writer alike) and you tend to have it actively on the mind of the writers and story boarders.) More, like I've said, the writers in this show are never wasting a moment of detail (lots of foreshadowing and allusions all over, and just general attention to detail) with what their characters do or are shown, so there's a general air of careful attention (so far) behind each episode. Of course just these things don't make a good show great, but they are still there and we have a *just* good, uncompleted show on our hands right now.