View Single Post
Old 2009-03-31, 09:02   Link #1084
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Look, I understand, comprehend, and accept all of Destiny's shortcomings

I was quite frankly just fucking with the guy.
Tak, cool it there. If you want to continue posting in this thread, I expect you to do so sincerely - it'll be unpleasant if I have to intervene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitsPunchSamurai View Post
Don't worry little one I'll help your foolish ignorance. By your "logic" why don't we have why Zeta Gundam failed thread? Or why G Gundam failed thread? Or better yet why isn't there a why Gundam Wing failed thread? Certaintly there were aspects of all those series that we didn't like so we can bitch and complain about, so I wonder why Destiny gets the bad rep when it's panned by the majority of the fanbase.
The reason why this thread exists for Destiny is because the thread starter had an axe to grind, and I decided to leave the title alone because it had already drifted into discussing the flaws and merits of Destiny. The same thread doesn't exist for other shows because A) nobody is really interested in discussing them in such detail, and/or B) I don't think that such an inflammatory titled thread should be allowed. B) is the reason why you won't see a "why Gundam 00 sucks" thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitsPunchSamurai View Post
The fact that you just came back after two years doesn't help your stance at all since there has been many users who has stated their views on both series, ironically this is the only Destiny related thread that's still active.
Don't read all that much into the thread title. Despite it, most of the posts are interested in a more balanced discussion of the flaws and merits of the show. Besides, there are also the Trilogy thread and the Movie thread, which are still decently active.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicX_Zero View Post
Pretty selfish of them being concerned only about Orb and not about the war as a whole.
Why should they? Trying to end all wars is really beyond one ship's capability. Especially since they don't have the advantage of hundreds of years of planning and powerful GN particles.
Precisely. While there are a lot of complaints about Seed/Destiny's lack of realism, the goals of most of the characters are quite realistic, and in line with their capabilities. Those with the totally unworkable goals and concerns tend to be the villains.