View Single Post
Old 2004-12-29, 14:55   Link #57
phoenixfire92983

Send a message via ICQ to phoenixfire92983 Send a message via AIM to phoenixfire92983 Send a message via MSN to phoenixfire92983
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7799
Dudet are you for real, I agree america does allocate funds to help the world organization relief overall yearly however right now they aren't putting in all the funds that they can, after so many people dieing you would expect them to pledge around 100,000 million dollars and also start discussing rebuilding. Their are so many people devistated we don't need another samalia on our hands and hearts. Jeez a place like Cambodia doesn't even have a great economy now imagine the after effect of this, these people will have no jobs and no food, their small economy is now gone, they can only hope for relief aid to live off. Grr my University has alot of missionary workers over their, its going to hit us all hard if we hear that anyone is missing or confirmed dead. The schools still hasn't emailed us anything regarding their situation either, they probably don't want us to panic and rush back.
haha, I hope I'm real ^ ^! Anyways, like you, I would like to see more money put towards this and like I said above it will most likely increase. No one really knows the full extent of the damage yet. What's most important right now is getting aid to those who have lost families and homes, and trying to prevent any diseases from manifesting and killing thousands more. That doesn't even begin to include rebuilding. If I didn't consider this a big deal, I wouldn't be donating money on top of what the US already contributed to help aid those people. But also like I said above, we also have a big obligation to our soldiers stationed around the world. This disaster couldn't have come at a worse time because now the US is pulled to fund both the relief fund in southern asia and they also need to continue to fund their soldiers so that losses can be prevented at both ends. Their aid for southern asia will increase, that I guarentee, but how much I is what I don't know.

As for Cambodia, as far as I've heard, damage seems to be minimal. I'm just worried that my friends family is ok because she has some family in other countries like Thailand. Best of luck to you and your university as well. I hope that everyone is ok.
phoenixfire92983 is offline   Reply With Quote