View Single Post
Old 2012-12-18, 03:28   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 693 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Early Christmas spoilers are here, guys! Credit for the spoiler goes to the provider T and the guys at AP for translation:

-Chapter title is "Die for me". Again, a color page takes the place of the ministory this time, but this is the final one.

-Franky attacks Baby-5 and Buffalo. They retaliate, and the three battle. It's revealed that the maid can transform into various weapons like swords and missiles during the fight. The weakened Caesar is nearby, and decides that if he's going down, he won't go alone. And so, he decides to finish off Smoker by crushing his heart, which is still in his possession......

-Law wants to pursue CC, but Luffy wants to wait for the rest of his crew to catch up first. It's at this point that Momo learn of his father's fate. Meanwhile, Monet contacts Doflamingo, telling him that she'll activate the lab's self-destruct switch. When she asks his permission, he apologizes before saying yes, and orders her to die for him. The harpy obeys her master's final command.......

Well, I must say I'm looking forward to Franky's battle! I had also figured that there would be some self-destruct mechanism installed in the lab (I mean, what mad scientist wouldn't have one of those? ), and about Monet dying.... well, I might believe that happening if Law didn't already have her heart. And even if she DID have it with her at this point..... well, she's like 99.9% guaranteed to become Pell 2.0, anyway.

And with that being said, it shouldn't be too long before we get our early sloppily-translated chapter!