View Single Post
Old 2006-05-18, 14:01   Link #1015
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinsoo
Ack. Sorry if I sound offensive, but this series...it's very unoriginal, and that's just putting it lightly >_>;

I don't get how most people say it's the best anime ever made in history. No it's not, it's totally unoriginal. And I don't get how people find it unique either. The characters are your sterotypical anime characters too >_<

I mean sure, the animation is well done. But that's all. It just wins the "BEST ANIMATION FOR A TV SERIES" Award. Not the "BEST ANIME EVER MADE" or "MOST ORIGINAL" or "TOTALLY UNIQUE" Awards. I've seen this been done a million times in anime.

In my opinion, Astro Boy's probably the best anime ever made, cos y'know, Astro Boy basically started it all.

Okay, and I bet you're thinking I've just watched only episode one, huh? No, I've watched to 6. I'm not really impressed with it so far, to be honest. I mean it's good and all, and it makes me laugh, but usually I'm always like, "AHAHAHaha...Wait...haven't I seen this before? ...Oh yeah! In [insert anime title here]!"

Yeah, this is just coming from a person who's watched a lot of anime of this particular genre. So don't hate me, hate my experience. If I were an anime n00b, I'd probably say this series was the best thing that came around. But y'know, every series has it's fans and haters. Just like with Naruto and FMA, right?

You hit the nail on the head right there my friend. Having watched a couple of episodes I can see the animation is absolutely incredible, but I don't see what else makes the show so special aside from the fact the characters all go balls to walls with wacky antics and stuff and that Haruhi has a certain charm to her character. It's just a decent show that happened to come out during a year when all the other shows are really crappy, that has become rampantly popular due to certain themes present in the show and the bandwagon effect. I have to say though that the almostly certain huge budget could be better spent somewhere else. I guarantee if this show had come out in say 1985 and even if it had the same animation, it wouldn't stand out so much because it would have a lot more competition from other quality titles.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote