View Single Post
Old 2012-08-18, 11:38   Link #10287
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
On the other hand, this is Medaka, with one of the most terrifying skills in the manga, short of Kumugawa's All Fiction or Anshin'San or her Shiranui attendant.

Once you take Zen's devil style out of the equation, I really couldn't see how Medaka could have lost, without writing inconsistently or forcing Medaka to go for the idiot ball. Not to mention that the suitors succeeded in irritating Ajimu.
The only real weakness Medaka has is that she doesn't have enough power or that the author doesn't seem to care. It is not as though the suitors would had been a challenge to Medaka anyway, Medaka is the main character of this manga so she going to win despite the odds stacked against her. Her power is that she is literally better than you are in every way but she is portrayed as being inhuman robot as a result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccie20012 View Post
@Wolfenstein
I still do not understand why this arc is bad.
Perhaps you (or other readers) imposes unrealistic expectations on this arc.
And then, disappointed that they did not come true.
Maybr but a lot of fans (myself included) were expecting something different to happen than the norm. It is as though that fans wanted Medaka to lose but we wanted something unexpected and we got it, just not in the way we desired.