View Single Post
Old 2010-02-20, 22:58   Link #350
Langus
Optimus Prime

Gotta say I agree with pretty much everything you said. There's just a couple I want to comment on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassoonicmayhem View Post
ShunsuixNanao is a far more confusing relationship that even brinks on pedophilia when the Vizard history was finally introduced. I really think it should be changed now from ShunsuixNanao to ShunsuixLiza, but that’s just me.
This sort of relationship is really common in Japanese fiction (at least traditional fiction). An older male character will be the guardian of a younger female character and over time their relationship blossoms into love. It's not seen as pedophilia, at least in Japan. Personally I find their relationship endearing. It's obvious to me that she loves him, though is relcutant to admit it, and he loves her too but shies away from being serious about it (probably because he's afraid of getting hurt). This makes a lot of sense really when you look at his past as being a bit of a womanizer. Typically those sorts don't take it well when they're ont he receiving end of a break up. What happened with Lisa must have really done a number on him.

Quote:

MatsumotoxGin
is another more canon pairing. They have history and it’s hinted in the manga that they have feelings for each other. There’s not much more to say about this couple.
I think these two have the most tragic love story in all of Bleach. I wrote a fan fic about it to try and explore different options that seemed to make sense. Some people like to see Gin as 100% bad but I just can't bring myself to feel the same way. We don't know yet why Gin chose to betray everyone and go with Aizen but what we do know was that leaving her behind was incredibly hard for him. For all intents and purposes she is his only friend. While I don't think they've ever had a romantic relationship it's obvious they have a deep connection. I've been waiting for ages to see how their reunion would play out and so far Kubo's given me nothing to go on. Such a tease!