View Single Post
Old 2012-07-22, 10:56   Link #15
wisteria233

Animation: 8, The set was really beautiful and it game me feel of a futuristic world, however it loses points for reusing Aquarion footage, instead of just reanimating the scene.

Voice Acting: 7, It was really good voice acting all around, although Mix's voice actress wasn't good at portraying a male character.

Soundtrack: 10
, Yoko Kanno nothing more needs to be said.

Script: 3, The story started out solid, but soon it descended into a mess of horrible ideas. The reveal of the dog Pollon did not add anything to the story but rather took away from both the love story and the narrative in general. Its an idea that was just better off discarded, just as it was in Aquarion, because just like the writer for Aquarion said it distracted you from the romance in general, and it makes Apollonius out to be a asshole, and also makes it seem as though Apollonius didn't love Celiane. Also Pollon is not an established character, he didn't even have a name, was only seen twice and he looked like a puppy aka a young shadow angel. Just because its a seems interesting doesn't mean that you should include it. Also I shouldn't ever have to question who is the main character, the romance was also very weak for a show with love spell backwards as a part of its title.

Characters: 4, again even though I liked many of the side characters they are not main characters. The main characters themselves seem like they would have been interesting if more had been revealed about them or if the writers ever tried to focus on more than one aspect of their personality. The only character that I have little no problems with is Mykage, the rest are just horrible in many different ways, and the sad thing is it really isn't their fault, but I'm only going with what I see from them.

Editing: 3, I'm using to mean cohesiveness, and pacing. The plot was both everywhere and nowhere. Too much time was spent on side characters, with their problems, most of which did not move the story forward, leaving only one to two episodes to handle the big reveals, which they just dumped on you last minute with the expectation that you'd just accept all of it. This score may be low but to be honest I was being generous.

Enjoyment: 6, If I'd had to commend the series for anything it'd have to be that it isn't boring, however, I do find a good story and characters to be very enjoyable and this series gave me neither.

Emotional Involvement: 4
, I started out caring but then I stopped caring half way through.

Overall: 4.3, The train starts out rolling smoothly along, but then quickly crashes and burns, and not in an enjoyable way either.