View Single Post
Old 2012-08-28, 22:54   Link #396
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
we're in semantics territory, so perhaps I should clarify

maybe I'm wrong, but it seems that earlier you were arguing that you can see SAO as genuine virtual life environment, and that SAO players are merely experiencing a different kind of living

I argue that this environment is too shackled. Not enough choices. That's key word: choices. With so many things restricted and pre-programmed, I disagree on calling it a online life. In fact, I have a lot of problems in calling it an online game either, because that indicates that the purpose is to have fun.

As said earlier, to me this is a virtual prison. A virtual trial. It is something that you must overcome or die. And it is a trial in which you have noticeably limited options to win.

Can people find paradise in hell? possibly. Does it make it hell something other that is not hell?

No, I don't think so.
I'm with this 100%. Nobody is staying in the current SAO because they want to, it's just due to the whims of a madman. This is no different than put into a kid's Ant Farm then becoming it's plaything. Most denizens of SAO are trying their best to adjust to what meager living they can make out in the game, but definitely hoping someday to be free to see their families, lovers and whatnot again.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2012-08-28 at 23:08.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote