Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-13, 03:41   Link #25096
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
The "normal people" are asking for dehumanization from the very moment they completely give up fighting for their rights and hopes of a better future. They had almost 60 years to find failures in the system and exploit them in order to gain more rights and freedom. Countries have been starved in the past (sometimes worse, sometimes less bad than North Korea) before the populations took arms against their own government and succeeded.
It's quite easy to tell other people to go die for a cause, though unless you've done the same, I'm not sure if you have the right to condemn others for refusing to do so.

I find your take on the situation... overly simplistic. North Korea did not happen in a vacuum, but rather as a direct result of WW2 and the Cold War. The regime was directly supported by the Soviets and China, are you seriously saying the North Koreans should take up arms against their own govt, China, and the Soviets all together? Hell, they wouldn't even have had the weapons to do it with, what were they gonna do, ask the Chinese and Russians for them?

Quote:
Now, even South Korea told the DPRK to go to hell... what more is to be interpreted from such message when it comes from people with the same blood?
They've been saying the same thing for the last 60+ years, I'm not sure why you think this amounts to anything. Hell, you can hear the same crap thrown at each other by many country's political parties, doesn't mean you should start a civil war over it.

Quote:
I have a hard time finding a better solution when the DPRK government keeps threatening everyone instead of making something more constructive after all this time. I think all diplomatic solutions have failed beyond the point of no return since Kim Jong-Il took power.
Launching a rocket may be provocative, but it's hardly a direct hostile threat. Moreover, the NK regime has little reason to be "constructive" towards the West, it's doing just fine right now.

I'm not sure if you get this, but not every country is going to be on the same side, but that's hardly a reason to START wars over it. North Korea may like to rattle its saber, but your kill-them-all policy is even worse.