View Single Post
Old 2012-09-15, 18:37   Link #124
brocko

^ Child Yuki was one of the most funnest character to watch in the film. The way that she'd growl and laugh all over the place was so energetic and the child VA did an absolute bang up job of bringing that across with her character. I especially liked her very first lines of the flim. "Okaa-san! I'm hungry! *growls* Okaa-san! I'm hungry" That scene coupled with the BGM really was just so fun to watch ^_________^

Teen Ame also had a really deep voice, the change was instantly noticeable after that particularly impressive and nifty timeskip montage (another great and memorable scene for me from the film).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post

Spoiler for my notes about Hana:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler for my reply:
I think Duckroll put it best, that while everything manages to neatly wrap itself up by the end, the film doesn't actually traditionally build up to a climax which is something already so engrained and expected into the typical audience member. Because it's missing that aspect of traditional film structure, they feel as though it hasn't properly ended yet if it hasn't gone through one, hence the abruptness. I can appreciate that aspect of the film now, after having read the various posts here, so thanks to all the valuable insight here
I don't particularly feel as though the finale was too-opened ended either since the major conflicts within each character is largely resolved. But I can see why people could feel that way as it ends on a 'the story goes on' kind of note when people are usually more accustomed to a 'and so the tale ends here'.

Quote:
Spoiler for Sohei:
Spoiler:

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.

Last edited by brocko; 2012-09-15 at 19:57.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote