View Single Post
Old 2013-01-15, 13:58   Link #18
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
You should try the classic Maison Ikkoku. It's my favorite romance anime of all time and it's a hell of a ride. You really grow attached to the characters. It's also from the 80's and you get little touches of 80's Japan that add another element of interest when watching as a modern viewer. The romance between the main characters is believable and develops at a steady and real pace. It is definitely also a coming of age story with the main character, Godai, undergoing some of the most believable character development I've ever seen in anime. The supporting cast is also funny and provides plenty of laughs. It's long, but if anything I wish it were longer because you really do get sucked into their little fictional world when watching. The visuals are dated, but they are still fine and the story is so damn good it would be a crime to overlook it just for the outdated aspect. The love interest also has an interesting element in that she is a widow and is afraid to betray her late husband by engaging in a new romance.
After reading the summary off MAL I can already say I wanna watch it as soon as possible. Thanks for telling me about it.
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote