View Single Post
Old 2008-11-01, 00:11   Link #281
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
The problem is that giving Suzaku control of Schneizel is like giving a man with no legs a porsche. I just think of Suzaku staring at Schneizel wondering how to work the damn thing, giving up, and then using Schneizel to find where Schneizel keeps his pot.
He controls Schneizel and Nunnally controls him, so to speak. The application seems obvious, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
One of my main problems with the ending is that out of the people mentioned that are safe guarding Lelouch's new world only Nunnaly has any real brains. Cornelia, Todoh, and Li are generals, and not very good ones at that, Suzaku, and Kallen are strictly soldiers as both are idiots, and Nunnaly isn't even out of high school.

That's what I meant when I said the world needs leaders, the problem is that what the world has is a bunch of fighters, since the leader just killed himself.
Li Xingke is what you get if you mush Suzaku and Lelouch together and throw in a little tuberculosis. He's probably dead, but nonetheless good at what he does. Cornelia is an excellent general. Sure kicked Lelouch's ass the first time around. Tohdoh managed to beat Knightmares without any Knightmares when Japan was invaded. Your assessment of these three is poor at best. Suzaku has Schneizel to think for him, so no harm. Kallen isn't evenn participating, so bringing her up is basically blaming the voters. The world has leaders, because peace-time doesn't require leaders of such ridiculous caliber as Lelouch. Lelouch is not the bar to be passed to make a good leader, but that which others should aspire to.