View Single Post
Old 2008-11-30, 07:24   Link #278
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykas View Post
If I was in a commited relationship (i'm married btw) then letting the girl hit on me is inconsiderate to her (because it makes her think she has some chance when she doesn't) and to my SO (for all the obvious reasons). Sometimes being dishonestly polite is the rudest thing you can do, you spare others a lot of trouble if just speak the truth even if it isn't what they want to hear.
So In MY opinion haruto should have told her "sorry, I already have plans with Nanami, if you (eba) don't get on the train now there will be another one along soon after you have had time to think it over." It might seem brutal but that would end all confusion as to where his loyalties lay and allow him to make a clean break. Even if he doesn't get nanami in the end he should just focus on one girl and act like he is focused on one girl. I can't remember the exact expression but it is something like "a man who chases after two rabbits won't catch either of them" you can say he isn't interested in eba but why doesn't he teach her how to ride her own bike or step out of the way when his friend tries to step to the plate?
Indeed, and the funny thing is, all of our three main characters basically are having the same problem, they all send inconsistent signals from time to time, and I would actually say Haruto has been the most consistent out of the three. Nanami has basically rejected him outright, then said she would think about it and now is inviting him to outings. Eba, she seems to support the Haruto x Nanami pairing, but then goes on to do other things that would hinder the relationship to develop. But Haruto has always been his same old self, his head tells him to go after Nanami, but his heart sometimes tells him to do something different. In a way he has been consistently inconsistent. But then I guess that's what makes us humans.
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote