Thread: Licensed Claymore Manga
View Single Post
Old 2007-05-03, 09:42   Link #13
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

Am I the only one who is a little bit disturbed by the bloodthirsty pshycho ways of Ophelia?

She easy made it into the top 10 of all time evil villians with her cruel antics
Spoiler for manga eng 6 + 7:

When I thought a bit deeper about why she disturbed me I came to the conclusion that despite her age being (on appearence based) in the same range as Clare.

She is almost like a little kid. A little kid who is very intelligent/powerfull but has no moral values and thus without remorse dismembers insects (in her case, yoma's, awakened ones..fellow claymores, human witnesses). (she also was quite childish when she brought up her preffered 'nickname' based on her deadly sword style)

I have read the raws but since my japanese isn't good enough I have to wait for volume 8 to come out in june to really understand her pshyche cause I do not accept that a thirst for vengeance (for her brother) can warp someone to be that evil and remorseless.

Also based from what I read in vol. 6/7 its almost if she actually liked Clare (in her own warped way) or at least admired her sort of.
dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote