View Single Post
Old 2009-12-09, 14:09   Link #25
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
I really liked the episode I must say.
They sped up the rather dragging finale of Episode 4 quite nicely (one can see it isn't my favourite Episode out there...it had great scenes, but the pacing and structure was killing me).
The fact that the goat-fight was missing was great for me, because I hated that part...okay so it's as biased as those people who loved it hating the anime for omitting it, but come on, it served no real purpose as far as we can tell.

In the end the only things I kind of missed was George getting killed again by Gaap (which could be a hint, as it may be false) and having Happy Maria as a theme during the phone-call...it was a bit anti-climactic without any music at all...

It was also a bit odd that some stuff wasn't said in red at all, if that's a clue or just time restraints...only time can tell.
Spoiler for Episode 4 difference:

But the Golden Land in the final scene looked beautiful and the point it ended was cool enough for me to like this episode. The direction was good, except a few flaws in character placement and missing emotions (looks at Ange).
And I'm more than happy that they take their time for what is to come, because it should be way more important than what was happening around this point of the story.

All in all...I'm still not done deciding what score to give...it was better than a 7 for me, yet the animation and music department lacked so much in some scenes that I loved that it's hard to give an 8...well, I'll just keep thinking a while