View Single Post
Old 2008-06-13, 00:24   Link #8
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
I'm not sure what information AVG gives you, but it should tell you what the name of the file is that's infected. When AVG says it found and removed the files, see what the files were called (and where they were located, if it tells you that) and make sure that they're really removed. If they're not, manually delete them.

If the files truly are gone then one possibility is that your computer is infected with those viruses. If that's the case then AVG's detections of the viruses on your USB drive would be AVG detecting the viruses as they replicate themselves. Have you run a system scan recently?
You were right, I did a full system scan >.< 3 hours later lol, but it found those two virusses in my registry as well, they have been removed and now my USB isn't acting fishy any longer, I guess the files on my hard disc triggered it all
this afternoon I'm going to run one more full system scan to see if anything has returned but I don't think this is the case, but you'll never know until you peek =3

thanks for the responses, glad I didn't lose all my USB data
cookies for all of you and Nines no problem =3 a virus gives right to steal thunder,s pecially with my problem solved XD
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote