View Single Post
Old 2012-01-29, 08:44   Link #3012
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Most of Orb was not destroyed in SEED. At most, the brunt of the damage was on one island where the mass driver was located.
You can be right, but I’m pretty sure that the Trio Gundams (being bastards that they were) destroy everything they can see in ORB after Cagalli left wit the shuttle. Still, tbh, I don’t know for sure the statistic of the damage, so yeah.
Quote:
Obviously Orb had a good enough infrastructure in place. And besides, Cagalli's indecisiveness is only related to Orb's involvement with the AF during Destiny, not over everything.
I agree. I never said that Cagalli is indecisive about everything. My focus is that the noble families can just bypass her authority. That’s the problem.
Quote:
The alliance with the EA has nothing to do with how stable Orb's government is.
It’s related to ORB’s 3 laws/ways of life. If the government is stable enough (for Cagalli at least), the alliance won’t happen and ORB will remain neutral even though there are pressure from the Atlantic Fed and the photos from Phantom Pain.
Quote:
It didn't.
It did. One example, if Cagalli was in ORB sooner, she could smack Yuna before (or just after) he made those ridiculous Djibril’s-not-here announcement, capture that mofo, fix things up with another announcement and relieve ORB from all those foolishness caused by Yuna.
Quote:
None of that is a sign of the deterioration of Orb. And the military is not in clash with the government.
Concerning the military, I’m not talking about a full-fledged rebellion here. When the admirals and other high-ranking military officers doubt and even show some anger to their government’s action, It’s ‘clash’ enough for me. That government X military ‘clash’ , plus a supreme ruler family protecting a terrorist, and letting a fool took (highest) command to me are also enough signs of deterioration. Still, I can understand if we have different views about that kinda ‘clash’ and deterioration in a government.
Quote:
The script may be flawed, but your analysis of Orb's government doesn't really provide a good example of that.
A strong, superpower and intelligent country that has complex government system easily led by a fool and a coward with no dignity is not enough example of a lacking script?
Quote:
And it seems to me like you've misunderstood a few details.
Yeah, I don’t exactly remember Destiny episode-by-episode, so you’re welcomed to mentioned the details that I forget and correct me if I make mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
Just a question are you having problem with stability or ORB leadership breaking izumi ideals of neutrality?
In my understanding, the Three Laws is not just Uzumi's ideals, but it's originally ORB's ideals. So, if someone can tell me for sure whether the laws are solely Uzumi's, I'll drop the subject of stability. As stability for me is when a nation can live well (prosper and all) by applying/holding its own basic ideals. Just like America with its so-called Democracy
and my country with Pancasila.

I enjoy this argument, btw.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2012-01-29 at 08:58.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote