View Single Post
Old 2007-08-01, 22:19   Link #89
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
That's sort of the trend for mecha shows for a very long time. VOTOMS (please correct me on that, I haven't seen VOTOMS yet) might well have been the last mecha show that's tried for a more realistic approach. The fact that most engagements in Code Geass are fought at 100m or less shows that it's not even interested in realism.
Well, if you're in an urban environment engagements that close will be inevitable, so I don't think that's really an indicator that they aren't interested in realism at all.

There are other slightly more obvious ones. LOL
Quote:
As the saying goes, there are no great strategists and very few competent tacticians in anime.
And if they are, they're usually an enemy and they're beaten by the Hero Plot Device.

Anyway...

Has anyone here every played any of the Gungriffon games before? The mechs in CG remind me a lot of the AWGS from those games in that the Knightmare Frames rarely ever walk, and instead use deployable wheels on the feet, just like the AWGS do.

The Lancelot looks a lot like the HIGH-MACS III, too. And the Glasgow *kinda* reminds me of the JagdPanther with the abdominal cannon.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote