View Single Post
Old 2007-12-28, 02:47   Link #65
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
there was no need to bring the finnacial justification to the third party argument, it s implicite and obvious that now anime make more money out of the goodies based on it (CD, action-models, gashapon (sp?)). but the fact remains that kgne TV could be watched and understood perfectly without being left clueless because you hadnt played the game.
the story telling of this ova is purely based on the postulat that everybody played the game and already know everything there is know about the show this is where the show fails hard. there is no mention of any timeline, no background on the characters or of anything that happened in the tv show.
i realize that all of this argument is out of topic and has nothing to do with kgne ova but rather with way to writte a proper script so let s just get back to the ova discusion and not argue about how a story should be written.
Again, you fail to realize something very, very simple...

OVAs are direct-to-video releases, or on the rare cases, PPV...either way, the ones whom are getting this will already be on pretty intimate terms with the story overall. The script is written almost to a T in perfection in terms of relation to Haruka's route in the game (albeit slightly modified for context). The story also does well enough to create a flashback system to which catches people up on the events prior to Haruka's dismissal from the Hospital. It's not meant as a continuation to the original story, just an alternate telling of the events AFTER Haruka got released from the Hospital, that is where people seem to not understand.

I still do not see such "epic failure" as you describe. Of course, I'm also one of those KimiNozo fans that has everything related to KimiNozo sitting on the shelf next to my computer.