Thread: Licensed Cross game
View Single Post
Old 2011-04-16, 22:36   Link #3395
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Personal story, somewhat related here. Finally got a friend of mine to watch the first episode of Cross Game after a hell of a lot of time telling him to do so. He always shrugged me off with the "I don't like baseball" thing. Well, today he finally did and when he finished told me that "he didn't care about the girl at all". I'm seriously thinking of ending my friendship with the guy now,

On a more serious note though, it did get me to watch the first episode again, and it's just amazing how it still hits me so hard even after having watched it countless times. The whole thing is just masterfully crafted, the dialogues are incredible, but in particular the last scene... it's definitely one of my favourite moments in everything I have ever watched. I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like to lose someone as important as Wakaba was to Kou in such a young age. The loss of someone you hold dear is complicated even when you're an adult and realize the extent of it, but seeing it happen between two kids and how the one that was left alone feels completely lost. The follow-up with Akaishi is just the stroke of a master.

And oh god, I realize this post might not be adding much to the thread, but I wasn't really active back when this was airing and I just felt like posting about it. God bless Adachi for his works, and I just hope it won't be too long until he's able to start on a new weekly series.