View Single Post
Old 2012-09-22, 20:44   Link #61
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I'm not talking out of my ass. People will always complain. People will always find faults. It is impossible to please every single person because everyone is different. They have different views, different opinions and different tastes. People also don't look at things from multiple angles, as demonstrated by your post.
No, you most definitely are talking out of your ass, and that completely inane rhetoric you just posted further proves it. Your attitude is essentially one of "It's impossible to please everyone, so artists shouldn't even try to do as good a job as they possibly can!" which is ridiculous and nothing but apologetic spiel from someone who obviously would have been satisfied and complacent with just about anything.

And do you really want to bring up looking at things from multiple angles (with zero context, but hey)? You, who presumes it to be inevitable that your viewpoint would have unequivocally come true without having any way of truly knowing so since they never in fact tried to "squeeze" anything in. Get it? It never happened, ergo, you cannot speak of its consequences with absolutely certainty like that. Sure, you can rely on the good old mindless "But there would have still been someone who would have complained!", but guess what, you can say that about anything in the whole goddamn world. I bet when Fate/Zero was announced as an anime someone out there complained that it shouldn't become one, but does that mean they shouldn't have gone through with it because of that? No, it doesn't, and it's utterly moronic to suggest something like that, since it basically implies that artists shouldn't even try anymore, because, no matter what they do, dissatisfied consumers will always exist. Because, you see, while you may not be able to please everyone, you can at least try and please the majority of your loyal, sensible fanbase, most of which was looking forward to seeing those scenes added to the BD and most of which didn't utter a single complaint about Season 1's BD Box, because it actually contained a significant amount of new material, unlike Season 2's, where there's 3 minutes at best of new scenes, and they're almost all minor and inconsequential tidbits.

So YES, you can't please everyone, a five year old can understand that (but still wouldn't use it as an excuse for something like this), but NO, that doesn't mean it's okay to not even try to do the best job possible and please as much of your fanbase as possible. Would the addition of the skipped scenes have made every single fan in the world happy? No. But is it likely that the amount of satisfied ones would be greater than it is now with the meager 3 new minutes we got if they had included the desired and expected additions? Yes, yes it is. But then again I don't have access to alternate universes like you, so naturally I can't be absolutely certain.

And if you don't like what I've just said, then please try and actually address my points with proper context instead of relying on such a bland piece of apologetic rhetoric that can serve as a (dumb) excuse to literally anything the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB
Honestly, the only change I was really hoping for was expanding Zouken and Kirei's dialogue so people didn't think Lancer was the reason the Grail went all evil.
Yeah, that seemed like an obvious addition that wouldn't have required much additional effort, so it's really baffling that it's nowhere to be seen. Like, one of the additions I wanted to see the most was the Enkidu flashback, but I never really expected they would add it, because it would require a decent amount of extra effort and a recreation of the whole post-Excalibur montage. Yet it turns out that even the stuff that felt like natural, matter of course additions, which would have required very little additional effort, were overlooked as well. That's what's most baffling to me. They added a bunch of stuff like that for S1, so why not to do the same for S2, which was a lot more rushed in general? Hell, maybe that was the plan all along, sucker them in with proper extra content with the first release and then half-ass the second one since the sales are already guaranteed.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote