View Single Post
Old 2007-04-21, 08:33   Link #32
Boukenxha

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Was one of the seiyuu on Koi no Apron?
From compiled guest lists of Koi no Apron and Ai no Apron on the net, the Lucky Star seiyuus never appeared on the shows before. The only people related to anime which I happen to know are Nakagawa Shoko, Tokita Ami and Ogura Yuko, except that all three are better known for their work as gravure idols.

So I tried searching in a different direction and found something about the man who balances a red wash basin on his head. There's also an entry in the japanese wiki named 赤い洗面器の男 (romanized as "akai senmenki no otoko", meaning "red wash basin man"). Apparently, it is a running gag found in Mitani Koki's work, a famous Japanese playwright in Japan. Most of them appeared in Furuhata Ninzaburo, a popular detective drama serial from the 90's, where Tamura Masakazu (some J-dorama fans should be able to recognize him) plays the title character. The gag is such that a character will talk about the red wash basin man and ask the question "why does he balance the red wash basin on his head?", but the punchline is always never given.

How all these references are related is totally lost on me, I guess it was meant to be random or something. Furuhata Ninzaburo seems like an interesting show though.

EDIT: Just noticed the entry for Lucky Star's reference at the bottom of the wiki page I linked. It mentions that the reference was probably made out of respect for Mitani's work. I guess that make sense too.

Last edited by Boukenxha; 2007-04-21 at 09:12.