View Single Post
Old 2011-01-01, 11:07   Link #548
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Okay, now that the time travel question has been answered again(!), let's return to discussion of the movie itself.

Any more off-topic discussion should be directed to one of the following threads:

The General Discussion of Haruhi Suzumiya
The Ontology of Haruhi Suzumiya
Oh come on.

Time travel is a huge part of this movie's plot.

In fact it is the plot. And in the movie Kyon himself spends some time thinking about these implications.

So how is it off topic?

This is the intended plot topic of conversation. The creator expects us to talk about this stuff after watching the movie.

Excluding it from the conversation is like telling someone not to talk about the elephant in the living room.

Sure there are other topics too, like Asakura's amazing satiation of her blood lust. Is she the best villain in the Haruhi universe or what?

Or the character development of Yuki Nagato. What does it reveal about her that she choose to change the world so that she would be weak and in need of protection?

What about the fact that she preserved her memory of Kyon getting her a library card? That must be a very important memory for her.

But just because you find these kinds of topics more interesting doesn't mean that time travel discussions are off topic.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?