View Single Post
Old 2012-04-29, 12:24   Link #330
james0246

Avengers: EMH Episode 5: To Steal an Ant-Man

Yet another fun episode. True, it was more episodic than the others, but seeing Pym's official retirement was quite nice, and seeing the real Luke Cage and Iron Fist (and their Heroes for Hire) and not their annoying Ultimate Spiderman doppelgangers was a lot of fun. Additionally, this is the first time, that I can recall, that a super hero has been replaced. Specifically, while it does not occur often, there are several superheroes who have different people playing the part over the years (Robin is a great example of this (since the part has been played by both male and female characters over the years)), and I think this was the first cartoon to emphasize this fact.

That being said, I continue to love the use of the Marvel mythology in Avengers: EMH. As the series expands, I expect more inclusions from the different Marvel organizations and characters (next week the Guardians of the Galaxy make an appearance; I think this is there first time animated (?)).

p.s. now that we have Luke Cage and Scott Lang (Cassie Lang also appears, but she is still too young for any of her superhero stories), maybe we will get Jessica Jones. Minus the more horrific elements of her past . Would Avengers: EMH have the balls to showcase a real interracial relationship? (Probably not before the series is canceled .)

p.p.s. I kind of want Squirrel-Girl to appear (yeah she's a joke, but she is a funny joke)...I also want more mutants in general to appear...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote