View Single Post
Old 2011-11-02, 09:46   Link #19
marvelB

Heh, looks like I was right on the money with my last post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
All we got was him saying he lost his swords. How do we know he isn't trying to trick Zoro with some poisonous blade concealed in his body?
Well, he didn't show any new swords, but we DO see poison.

That last attack from Hody was actually pretty cool, IMO. Too bad it still meant nothing against Luffy, though. Still, after reading the chapter, I'm still convinced that Hody still hasn't gone down yet (he stuffed himself with even MORE steroids right before his shark missile attack..... maybe he'll undergo one last transformation before he's finally taken out once and for all.....

BTW, I think I spotted a translation mistake already: Luffy saying that he's "a million times stronger" than Hody is a lot different from what I saw in aohige's translation of the spoiler script:

Quote:
Luffy: Your toughness is equal to over-100 milllion berry heads...

In other words, I think it's more accurate to think that he was actually comparing Jones to supernova-level pirates, rather than bragging about being stronger than him. Oh, and Brooke owned this chapter. Just needed to point that out again.

The ministory is also amusing, as well (so even the Skypieans realize Usopp's awesomeness now, do they....? ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMASHERJACKSON View Post
this whole arc has been drawn out far longer then i would have liked,

Considering that merman island was a place that had literally over a decade of build-up, I'd have been very surprised if this storyline lasted less than a year (and I certainly didn't see it ending in a mere 10 chapters, as a certain mod seemed to believe back when this arc started...... ).