View Single Post
Old 2011-11-02, 11:52   Link #2691
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Hah, I knew you'd bring that up.
Wow, you're, like PSYCHIC or something then, right...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Yes, I'm aware she does those things. But if you seriously believe that adds any substance to the story (aka "contribute"), especially the laughable speech to Shinji part (wait, random inspiration by some random stranger when nobody else would work, and was just lifted from Kaiji?), then we'll have to agree to disagree.

Though while she does technically exist in the movie and there are technically points that involve her, and she might even count as some kind of entity that appears in the movie, she hardly makes any difference to me outside of a prop.

It is not enough to exist and do something, otherwise every extra and bystander would be considered a character. Mari is more than this, so... a glorified extra she is.
First...his name's "Kaji," not "Kaiji."

Second...YOU defined what a "character" was, and Mari fits those attributes. As I said, she may not be a character you LIKE, but to say she's not a character, by your own definition, is false.

Third...what are they planning for her in the next movie? If you can tell me honestly that she'll do nothing, then you're right. She's useless.