View Single Post
Old 2009-04-15, 23:04   Link #9
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'm surprised I found this so much fun. When Hirano's character is introduced, we see this obvious visual pun on Konata in her scheming mode. Hirano's voicing has that same sly tone, too.

When I saw the OP for Baccano! I feared I'd never keep all the characters straight. Watching the OP for Jewelpets, with perhaps fifty or even more different humans and pets, might require one of those excellent cast lists that Kaoru Chujo is so famous for! Maybe Sanrio will release a poster for this show like the one my daughter had over her bed as a child with all the 100+ original Pokemon displayed. Might come in handy around episode forty.

Can anyone help me understand why there is such an emphasis on ambition, courage, and self-motivation in shows aimed at younger Japanese girls? It seems like a persistent agenda in shows as different as this one, Angelic Layer, or Nijuu Mensou. I've wondered elsewhere here about whether shows like these have a subtly feminist agenda, even when wrapped up in a kawaii package like this. (Edit: The resolution of the "prince" issue was both funny and pertinent to the independent girl meme.)

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2009-04-16 at 00:11.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote