Thread: Licensed Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-06, 23:23   Link #91
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
indeed. Kenichi is a really good character designer and artist. But he's credited as main character designer, so it's all good. I'm really glad Yasushi Muraki is back though. Without him the action wouldn't be the same. I love his work.
Usually such a role means that he designed the important characters but is not particularly involved in the detailed creation process of the show. What made Gainer and the E7 TV series unique from other works which have Yoshida designs is that he was very involved with the series in terms of handling all the animation character designs, contributing to the world setting art, and also handling animation direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim_Reaper View Post
duckroll
Thanks! Updated the first post with your information.
I agree that synopsis looks weird. On the other hand, I won't hurry with conclusions: it may be good.
Anyway, don't you think that this series isn't connected to the first one? Because it can be neither prequel (Ao finds Nirvash after all) nor sequel (Okinawa? What the hell?).
It's definitely a sequel, not a prequel. They've officially said that this series takes place some time after the end of the original TV series. I'm just not confident that they will be able to capture the same tone and feel that made the original so enjoyable and refreshing to watch at the time. It might end up being another Xam'd.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote