View Single Post
Old 2013-02-16, 22:03   Link #408
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
You're going to have to explain how this economy works. Especially when the only way to introduce Burst Points into the system is to make Children to steal them from, or to hunt Enemies (which offer poor rewards in terms of points).

Recall that Takumu, who was Accelerated for at least a year and who had achieved Level 4 and experienced the Unlimited Neutral Field, and who had gone to many lengths to acquire Burst Points, could only suggest transfering points to the Level 2 Silver Crow by letting Haruyuki beat him in a few duels.

There has also been no demonstrated way to transfer Burst Points between Burst Linkers except through battle.

Or perhaps by selling equipment to the Shop in return for Burst Points, with someone else waiting to spend Burst Points purchasing the item.

But in order for the seller to come out ahead, they would need to be selling equipment they can afford to part with, either because it's a Drop they don't want or an initial equipment made totally obsolete by a Drop.

AND this assumes that the Shop pays Burst Points to a seller, rather than just giving them a "gift card" or "tab" with which they can go on and buy items from the Shop. Which is very possible.
Long story short, the current Accel World is a dead mmo with the servers somehow still running. My story was set during the golden age of Kings, long before Nega Nebulous' betrayal.

Back then, there was live PVE, burst point trading from shops, Enhanced Gear crafting, a mystery GM spawning UNF Boss mobs that dropped really good items, burst points packages and ingredients in exchange for the risk of sudden death (if you died in the Encounter, you died in the Accel World, permanently, instead of respawning.)

I basically imagined what would Accel World be like if it behaved more like an MMO.

As my story proceeds, the world begins to crumble, and that GM disappeared. The Kings clung on, but things had begun to sour. My protagonist's story would end here and see the rise of the Yellow King in a place where there was once honor in combat.

Now, only those who were playing during that Golden Age still know where to scrap together something to sell, or values to hold on to. Everyone else just wants to pvp, and without a manual and maintenance, much of the original community has collapsed. All that's left is the odd bartender operating a lone saloon here, a finicky crafter paying Bursters to help her farm mats from what bosses like Nidd-hogg that still randomly spawn from a degrading server code, and fewer and fewer Old Ones remain as they tire of the game and quit, or die to honorless ambushes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Sorry, my physics education was sorely lacking. If there's any realistic basis to this, I'm not seeing it. If there's any dramatic basis that I haven't already covered sufficiently, I'm not seeing.

And Kyubi can fuck off and die, but I'm not getting into Madoka arguments here.
Its just abstract theoretical physics so explaining it would be kinda hard...