View Single Post
Old 2013-04-15, 14:56   Link #19
cronnoponno

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
What bothers me the most is games that treat femininity in ridiculously bad manner. Games like Scarlet Blade exist only for the players to watch their character's boobs bounce (and they do when the character moves, it's hilarious). There's having an attractive protagonist, and there's forgetting women are not an alien race from another planet.

Oh, and of course there's the all "there're no girls on the internet" shit.
I don't see why everyone has to take up arms against queen's blade, I consider these types of views extreme, there is nothing wrong with having a game that is solely dedicated to showing T&A, the problem is that in games that DON'T do this females tend to fit into copy/paste roles that make them boring as hell and are often dressed in sexually pleasing ways. That and there are few female protagonist games, with even fewer dedicated to a female or neutral audience.

Many guys don't take up arms against Yaoi visual novels or typical romance novels like Twilight that portray men as some poetic yet badass yet soft-hearted yet tsundere yet hella tolerating type of guy and say that it's totally degrading toward men and that we're just empty-minded slaves who are borderline condemned for not having mind-reading powers, I mean Twilight is universally hated, but not for those reasons.
cronnoponno is offline   Reply With Quote