View Single Post
Old 2006-09-27, 21:29   Link #39
wao
OK.

Well the thing is the last few... alright, the last two big doroku hits, SEED and FMA, were described as being not just guys' anime but being appealing to girls as well (=fangirl factor). Even in other Asian countries there are so many female anime fans who may have otherwise disliked action/mecha anime but loved the human drama that was also present in the two shows. And hey, they're bishie and angsty and there was a lot of delightful stuff going on between Kira and Athrun...
I remember reading reports about how at the events for these shows there was a really significant portion of girls showing up. And about how some who were fans of T.M. Revolution and whatnot would just watch the show and then kind of grow to like it themselves.

And that is why you have something like this
Spoiler for saving space: interview with one of Blood+'s producers, Yutaka Omatsu:

Which brings me to note that this show seems to be doing a bit of the same thing Just look at angsty Lelouch and Suzaku... and the CLAMP designs cleaned up by Kimura. Maybe I'm wrong but it certainly feels very much like that... (helps that in 2ch threads people are billing it as a fujoshi anime as well)

If Bones is going on the same tack as FMA though, they're probably going to try and make Ayakashi Ayashi appeal to girls as well, though.