Thread: 07-GHOST anime
View Single Post
Old 2009-05-01, 02:28   Link #223
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirvee View Post
Also, I wasn't referring to you being homophobic, I was referring to Cheesie.
... Uh... WHAT?! Cheesie, the delusional yaoi fangirl who declares herself as a Queen, which effectively got shot down by her mates a homophobic?

Certainly, miss, you are gravely mistaken. She watches Ai no Kusabi, for your information, fangirled and ranted to me about some canon BL or slash pairings at the same time and still trying to convert me into watching and reading some of yaoi mangas or converting me out of Mikage/Teito to... Other better pairings, in her opinions. (To cheesie: I'm still supporting Mikage, even though my favourite has shifted greatly What can you do to a shameless fangirl that shipped 3Ps rather crazily? XD)

And she did write that she has been reading 99% of yaoi genre... Which is still a failure she made because she never touches any BL games now

What she meant is that the subtext doesn't exist-it's just what we define as hints i.e. none existing subtext that can be magnified if we got the right imagination. BL elements doesn't really exist in 07-Ghost, but 'close' male relationship (Read: Non-romantical... As of now) that will lead into developments of characters do exist. This is what the manga or anime watcher who claim that there is a BL elements in the series fails to realize, that these BL elements are actually only accidental hints and relationships that got exaggerated by unfortunately us yaoi fangirls.

But that aside, no one is certainly forbiding others to slash the characters of course, as long as they find the interactions interesting. This, though, doesn't make the BL element exist, since the materials we are using to slash the characters only exist in our own viewpoint of interpretation. (Although with the author being a former yaoi doujinka, we do see more... Accidental hints to be sure ) Unless someone certainly declared love or have explicit (not hinted) kissing scene to same gender, I see no point in labelling this series as BL

EDIT: Oh, cheesie has already pointed her un-homophobic-ness I see~ XD

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote