View Single Post
Old 2009-06-05, 11:47   Link #44
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I have one remark --- if they use the same f'd up user interface keyboards they used in FF11, my interest plummets to zero. There's a fairly accepted keyboard configuration that most players use for most MMOs (wsad and mouse camera) ... use that, dammit. It was a shame, everything else was pretty interesting.

Other than that.... one can hope they push the graphics a wee bit harder. It was massively disappointing to go through character generation only to pop into the world with a polygon count I thought hadn't been used since EQ1.
Makes me wonder if we've been playing the same game, as in im playing the game as i type this. *scratches head* Two keyboard configurations; the default one and "compact mode", compact mode has the accepted keyboard configuration as you put it. As for the overall UI, it's fucking shitty and one of the main reasons newbies leave out of frustration.

For the EQ1 comparison, i disagree with you 200%. FFXI gfx is superior then to that old dog. Since im still playing WoW (raid responsibility) i find FFXI to be better. (then again thats like apples and oranges since WoW goes with the cartoony look)