View Single Post
Old 2012-10-31, 10:03   Link #164
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
No reason to get defensive, I was just curious... plus after reading your explanation, I agree with most of the points you make... still though since I have different priorities (storytelling > visual appeal), I don't reach the same same conclusion.
I admit my tone was defensive but it was only in reply to your post. It didn't come off as curiosity but as saying my opinion was wrong and that bothered me, hence my tone.

However, if you did not mean it that way I apologize (it's the internet and I understand sometimes misinterpretations happen).

That being said I don't have different priorities than you. I would still put storytelling above visual style as well. I also had no problem with the storytelling in this episode. Although it was weird for Saki and Satoru to be separated from the group, I also felt it created some interesting interaction that we wouldn't normally see, especially since they only had each other to rely on. That dynamic was very interesting to me in the episode and it made for a captivating episode, the visual style only added to this.

So from a visual and storytelling perspective, I highly enjoyed this episode. I don't exactly want to get in a debate about that though because if someone else didn't I can't exactly say they were wrong either