View Single Post
Old 2013-01-11, 00:44   Link #1368
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Looks like Space Cruiser Yamato remake is taking the nichi-go spot after Magi.

Hopefully when manga volumes are up to vol. 20~24ish they can have another season.
The anime has been very successful and the manga volumes increased exponentially since the anime started, in fact more Magi volumes sold in 2012 than all the previous years combined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
I don't mind the pacing issues blah blah blah, I just get annoyed at the fact that studios cream their pants too soon by jumping the gun and adapting a series in which the source material is no where near complete i.e. zetman, Naruto deadman wonderland, chrome shelled regios, d.gray man, bleach, soul eater . . .I can go on for days listing shows like that.
While I agree that it's annoying, you have to realize that business-wise "missing" the best time to cash in can result in massive potential loss. If Harry Potter made the movies years after the hype was already died down, it may not have been as much success. Of course, "rekindling" the hype can happen and has happened many times, it's not nearly as reliable a gain.
You're looking at it from completely uninvolved viewer standpoint, while the companies are looking for gains.

You may argue by bringing up Jojo, but IMO, Shuueisha could have made much higher profit margin were they to pursue that franchise back in the 80s than right now.